There are many various versions of Call of Duty with various missions, but there are some problems with Modern Warfare. Most of the players are connected to this mission of Call of Duty, and facing huge problems can lead to a reduction in fans. Especially when players play this game on their PCs, they tend to face a crashing problem, which makes players face huge disadvantages. The game was first published for windows only later on; various versions were involved.
The players face this issue when they are at a higher level and trying to use their best battling ways to defeat enemies. If players play in multiplayer mode, then it’s obvious for some time, but it is crashing in a single-mode, which is not good. There are all kinds of Dev error codes available such as Fatal Error: Dev Error 6178 or else no other error code. Once the crashing problem starts occurring, then the crashes become stubborn and make the players go through a hard time.
Here are some fixes which can help you deal with your query and also allow you to collect other information.
1. Scan and Repair Your Game
It’s the best method that you can always opt for at the time of your game’s crashing. When you opt for scanning your device, then you will know about some corrupted files, and you need to remove those files. It can help you repair your PC and get rid of the crashing problem again and again.
- If you are playing on Steam, then you have to go to the game library and then click right on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and select the Properties option. After that, you have to visit the Local Files and tap the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” option.
- If you are playing on Blizzard Battle.net, then you can navigate the game and click on the repair and scan option.
2. Disable in-game Discord Overlay
If you are using an overlay feature in your game like discord or something like that, then you need to disable the in-game overlays. Because the Overlay feature causes, the random game crashes on your PC and makes you suffer the loss. For disabling the overlay, you need to follow the below steps-
- First, you have to open the Discord and then click on the Settings option.
- Then you have to locate the Overlay tab on the left side of the pane.
- Turn-off the in-game enabled overlay to make your game crash-free.
If you aren’t able to disable the in-game overlay, then you can go to the games tab and disable the Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Wrap It Up
With the help of the above information, the players who are facing crashing problems in Call of Duty Modern warfare will solve it. It can also help the players to understand the proper procedure of how to disable the overlay and all the related info.