Twitch is quite a popular online game streaming platform known for the huge number of creators and followers. Most of the popular gamers gained fame from this platform, and if you are literally good at any game and you can play in a highly effective manner from any other gamer, then you can prefer this platform to stream online. It is a great way to gain fame.
But, if you want to stream on Twitch, then you need a couple of equipment and proper setup to begin using. Let’s get started by exploring all the essential types to learn more about it. Let’s have a look –
- Setting Up Twitch – To broadcast on Twitch, you need to install the broadcasting app. The PC version is available on the official website, and you can download it without any problem. After installing the broadcaster app, open it. Also, you can easily download the broadcaster app for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems without having any kind of issue. After that, you have to get OBS and several other tools. You can choose XSplit, but it is a paid and subscription-based app to begin with.
- Log in and Dashboard – After installing the broadcaster app, you need to log in and then head toward the dashboard. This process is not going to take much time; that’s why it is quite a reliable option of choice. You can head toward Twitch TV and then open dashboard here from the drop-down menu given in the top right corner of the screen.
- Title and Game – You need to choose the game that you will be playing. Meanwhile, you need to give it a title. Going with something eye-catchy which mentions any skill is an effective choice. You can use clickbait, but it is not the best choice at early stages, so you should be a little selective with the title section. Once you are done filling both the column, then choose the language you will be streaming in.
- Using OBS – Everything is done, but you need to configure the OBS files, to begin with, usability. Open OBS and choose broadcast settings. This option is given in the main settings’ menu. You can choose Twitch as the streaming service here and then fill other details. Once you are done, get back to the dashboard because everything is configured now. You need to add stream keys to get access to the stream.
- Scene and Ongoing – Once you are done selecting all the basic details, you need to click on the add button and then game capture here. Now, choose the game of choice that you want to stream and adjust the volume and quality setting. You have to do it for both sides, the game, and your side.
Make sure that you keep the volume of your side a little high so people can listen to what you are talking about, and this will be everything. It might take a few minutes to figure out, but you can do it easily.